Monday, February 13, 2012

Greetings Friends,  I hope you had a great weekend and have started out this new week on a good note.  Our weekend was good; when you are retired it seems most days are good!  We watched a little of the Grammy's last night but honestly just fast-forwarded through most of it.  Tomorrow we are planning to go see the movie "The Vow", for our Valentine's Day activity.  When we were young, I always made such a big deal out of this holiday but as we've aged, not so much anymore. We do exchange cards and I guess this year our big treat would be going to Ca. for a week.  Hubby's mom is very frail so we want to make sure we visit her; we never know when it will be our last time.  Aside from that, we will be having a great time with family and friends, spending time in beautiful Carmel and also the wine country where we used to live.  I am excited about girl time with my closest friends and the sister of my heart. 
Today I've already walked and plan to meet another good friend for lunch at a salad bar.  She heads out on a family trip this next weekend so I won't see her for a couple of weeks; we best get caught up before she leaves.  I hope you have a joy filled day!
Noreen

8 comments:

  1. DH and I honeymooned in Carmel/San Francisco/Napa Valley. We would love to be able to return (not sure if that will happen as we hate to fly, and it's such a LONG trip by car). I hope you'll have pictures of your trip to Carmel ... so I can revisit it vicariously through you. ;-)

    Hope you're having a marvelous Monday ... our snow has just started falling, but it's such teeny, tiny flakes that it's not going to accumulate at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fast forwarded thru the Grammy's because I can't take all the hippity hoppity noise (music????) where you can't understand the words.

    I loved Jennifer Hudson's song. I cried.

    Valentine's Day for me is about being grateful the people I love are still around me. So many are gone now that the ones I still have mean more than ever.

    Love to you~

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw the vow on Sat. It was good...perfect Valentine's movie. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retired...now what is that? Oh I am kidding, that is wonderful and you having a great time with retirement.

    Have fun! Happy Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have 2 things in one week...
    valentines day and our Anniversary ...
    that was not good planning (o:
    We tried to go out to eat a few years ago on the 14th... way to crowded and long waits... so I will cook something. Oh Joy!
    CA will be great. Sounds fun.
    We go see Rich's mom in a few weeks for her 90th. She is not doing all that great ... frail would be a good word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, thanks for stopping by my blog. My girlz are a great source of entertainment and bring me great joy. Yes, Gracie is one of the yellow labs!!
    I started crying when your music began playing, one of my favorite praise and worship songs. It was just what I needed to hear this a.m. Thanks!!
    I will come back and explore your blog more later.
    Happy Valentines Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this sounds like a blast and a half. Hope you gals have fun!!!

    I'm bettin' ya will.

    I just wanted to pop over and thank you for your sweet comments and hoppin' on my blog.

    I sure hope ya enjoy the ride.

    God bless ya and have a wonderful Valentine's day sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14