Monday, January 30, 2012

From My Library

Several months ago, my good friend Kim from http://lifeatgoldenpines.blogspot.com/ held a drawing for this book and I was the lucky recipient of it.  If you don't know Kim, she is a remarkable women who rescues Golden Retrievers and who has a heart of gold. This year alone has been a tough one for Kim; she lost seven dogs and for those of us dog people you know what a toll the death of one pup takes on us can you imagine how difficult it has been to lose so many? Kim has many jewels in her crown in heaven.  I am so thankful that I have gotten to know her over the last several years; she has been such a support and encouragement to me during Reggie's different health issues.
The book she sent me is about another gal who has rescued Goldens over the years~Holli Pfau.  Although it took me awhile to get to this book, it was a great read; although I will say I not only laughed but also sobbed at times.  You see, all my life I have bonded so deeply with my dog,s that when there time on earth is over I grieve so heavily.  Holli was a Ca. girl until she and her hubby moved to Durango, Colorado;  of course I immediately connected to her because of those two facts.  I haven't yet been to Durango but am now even more eager to trek down there and see the sights she described in her book.  Durango is a dog-friendly town, very much like Carmel California, and I'm hoping to get down there this summer.  Holli has gotten into dog trials, obedience, agility, etc.  This book was one that I will keep in my library for the future.  I love the personalities of Goldens but unfortunately won't be able to get one due to their hair; I'm hoping that when the time comes for our next dog, it will have a personality like a Golden.
Hope you  had a fabulous weekend and are seeing blessings all around you!
Noreen

12 comments:

  1. I had a neighbor once that had two Goldens and they were wonderful dogs...very sweet kinda like a lab.....

    I agree with you on how attached one can get to a pet....They just take up residence in your heart and leave a hold when they are gone.....

    By the way, how is Reggie doing? I haven't heard you mention him lately.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that Zoie is feeling better too!!!!!!
    I know and love Kim too!!!!
    So times I wish we could go some places but most of the time I am happy to be home!!!
    XX, Zoie & Fern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noreen, that book looks so good! And I have to say, I missed your previous post about your Mom. What a lovely tribute. I know you must miss her terribly. We never get too old to need our Mama's!!!
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are still grieving the loss of our precious golden Toby. When it comes time to add another dog to the family, it will most definitely be a golden. Yes, there's a lot more hair with a golden, but IMHO the hair is such a small price to pay for the sweet loving nature of a golden. (I can't compare them to labs because our lab Abby is 180 degrees from normal ... we love her, but we'll definitely not add another lab to our family.) I'll have to add that book to my "to-read" list. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Noreen, the book looks wonderful. You will have many present hours reading this.

    Happy Monday!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book looks really good Miss N! I'm a huge dog lover and I can't imagine losing 7 precious souls in one year. :(

    So loved your tribute to your Momma~

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noreen, on a day that I'm feeling a bit discouraged your kind thoughts and friendship have lifted my heart, THANK YOU for that!!! I'm so very glad that you enjoyed the book, and I'm also so glad that we've gotten to know one another!! Enjoy your Monday, and thank-you for reminding me of the value of friends like you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a shame when people pass away. But as they say its better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a great book, Noreen, and oH! how dh and i can relate to loving our dogs, as well as all animals. We have a German Shepherd now, after having labs for so many years, and she is precious. It is amazing how our lives become so entwined with theirs.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Noreen, I have written this book down on my to-buy list. I will probably sob in the same areas that you did.
    We had a Golden Ret. She was a sweetie, except that she would bury our newspapers--funny girl!
    I loved Durango; as well many other places in CO.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there Noreen,
    I'll have to look out for that book. As you (obviously) know, I can vouch for a Golden...what treasures they are!
    Kim is simply wonderful - like you!
    Hope Reggie is holding up.
    With love
    MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woof! Woof! Oh glad to know that you won the book from KIM. We enjoyed reading Pure Gold and LOVE the Golden Pines Gang. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14