Thursday, November 10, 2011

When you think of the blessings in your life, what does that mental picture look like? Every morning when I open my eyes, I thank the Lord for His love and who He is.   I am thankful not only for life, but abundant life.
This morning I am thankful for Blueberry Jam with real whole blueberries in it; I'm thankful for fresh fruit and good food.  When you think of how many people around the world, around our nation, around our state, that go to sleep hungry each night, it stops me from complaining.  I am thankful that although I do have some aches occasionally, I am not critically ill or fighting something awful like cancer.  I am thankful that although retirement hasn't exactly been what we initially thought, we are more secure than many folks. 
When I was younger, I always looked at the glass half empty but once I determined to have an attitude of gratitude, I began to give thanks for those things that weren't quite what I hoped for-it made such a difference in my attitude and outlook. 
Today Laurie at http://womentakingastand.blogspot.com  is our hostess; if you need to be encouraged stop by and read her post. 
As always, it's all about Him.
Noreen

7 comments:

  1. Great thankful post. I'm thankful also for the abundance of food that we have in our house. Most people in other countries would love to have pantries full like we do! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! Loved your list. You know I know just what you mean...we have SOOOO much sometimes it is hard to really wrap our heads around it, especially when you compare us to sooo many others in this world. I've LOTS of aches and pains too, but I too thank Him every day that I have the strength I do and can get done each day what I have to...that my health is relatively good. Hope you have a wonderful day my sweet friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful post Noreen. It's so easy to forget all of the things we should be thankful for as we go about our day. An attitude of gratitude is the best attitude to have. Thank you for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are thankful for YOU and the blessing you have become to us!!

    AROOOOOF!
    Boondocks & The Love Shack Pack

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have so much, really ... even those who don't have nearly as much as others. And sometimes, it's easy to think in terms of what we don't have rather than what we do have. And if we choose to think in terms of what we do have, then it's almost impossible to not live with an attitude of gratitude. ;-) Especially when we take the time to remember Who has blessed with all that we have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Noreen,
    You are so right about how blessed we are, I think so many times how wonderful we have it to be able to go and open the pantry or fridge at anytime and eat whatever we want.
    An incredible blessing. Thankfulness just begets more Thankfulness, and makes the bad things seem not soooo bad. God sure knows what He is talking about in His word if we would just listen and do it!! lol
    A great post sweetie, as always.
    Hope all is well with you and yours,
    Love and blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noreen
    True, we have so..much to be grateful for. And I too like to let the Lord know how much I appreciate his goodness!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14