Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Good morning friends, Can you believe that in a week we will be celebrating Thanksgiving and then the Christmas season is upon us.  This year will be so fun and I'm so excited about it.  There are a few things I need to do before our guests arrive but I think it will be a relaxed and fun.  We are trying to come up with a couple of things to do during the days since all the kiddos will have school and we will see them in the evening.  I know that we will be doing a couple of dishes and cooking a turkey, which will make it even more fun by having Susan in the kitchen beside me.  My favorite dish to prepare has always been sweet potatoes; I mash them up and add dried fruit-cranberries, apricots, pineapple and fresh apples.  Occasionally I put mini marshmallows on the top but am trying to be more health/sugar conscience so will leave those off this year.
What about you?  Will you be home or away?  What is your favorite dish to prepare?  When do you start decorating for Christmas?  I plan to start the day after Thanksgiving, I got several new decorations from garage sales so I am looking forward to putting those out as well. 
Have a wonderful, warm morning; we are registering a 19 degree morning with frost.
Hugs, Noreen

8 comments:

  1. Morning Noreen! I love making candied sweet potatoes too. I make mine with mini marshmallows on top, just like Nana did!!!
    I am not ready for the holidays yet. Where has time gone????? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning@! Your sweet potatoes sounds wonderful...how I love them. I think I like making (and eating, haha) the stuffing the best, though pumpkin pie is my all time favorite ALWAYS! Time is going soo fast I want to reach out and slow it down somehow...it will all be here and gone before we know it! Have a wonderful...soo cold there. We should hit around 70 today! Have a good day my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Thanksgiving. This one will be the first in ten years that we host it (having returned to WA State); and that will include all of our children, their spouses & grandchildren. Does it get any better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you lovingly talk about your family, cooking and cleaning.
    I bet you are looking forward to the holidays when so much love is all around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting so excited about the Christmas season ... I'm trying hard not to get ahead of myself and forget to enjoy Thanksgiving. Speaking of Thanksgiving, that sweet potato dish sounds delicious! If you're willing to share it, I'd love to have the recipe.

    We'll be having Thanksgiving at my daughter's. She enjoys hosting it, and it seems to work well for her. We compensate by buying the groceries for the meal. DD & I work together in the kitchen preparing the meal (DSIL's mom prepares the gravy).

    I won't decorate for Christmas until Thanksgiving weekend. My Christmas decorating is fairly minimal ... a tree, a nativity set, garland along the mantel, a wreath on the door and a few snow men figurines here and there. I like decorating for Christmas, but I don't want to go overboard ... I want to keep my focus on the real meaning of Christmas.

    It wasn't very warm here this morning ... but definitely warmer than 19. Hope you've had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were just talking about that this morning! My favorite thing to prepare is the turkey. Since our children are grown and go to in-laws for Thanksgiving, we can fix the turkey any way we want and alter the dressing and side dishes.

    Like you, we will start Christmas decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sweet potatoes sound wonderful...it was one of my mother in law's favorite as well.....I miss hers.....

    My favorite is the country ham I fix in a very special way....yummy....

    And I too start decorating the day after Thanksgiving. It always exciting...

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will be home as we usually are and I will be preparing all the things we love--turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrot salad and green beans. For dessert we will have pumpkin pie, apple pie, and cheesecake. I also start getting out all the Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving and we usually have the tree up by the end of that day.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14