Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Tuesday

Good morning friends~I hope that you are having a delightful morning and that you will have a joy-filled day.
When I opened the front blinds this morning, our nest was totally empty-our little birds have flown the coop.
Hubby went out to check for me and proceeded to take down the nest; oh the mess on the house and the wreath is enough to send the wreath to the garage can.  We will see if we can get it clean. 
I hope your week started out well; after my walk and then study yesterday, hubby and I went on an 11 mile bike ride.  It was a splendid day for it-not too hot, in fact we had a few sprinkles on us.  I love living in an area where you can ride that far in an hour or less.  Sunday morning we rode 8 miles in 40 minutes-may not be a record but girls for a gal like me(a senior-when did that happen? and also not in really good shape)it is quite a feat. In fact, so far this month, since the 8th of June we've ridden 90 miles total-almost all of it flat so don't get awed because you could do it too.  When we lived in California, we lived in the hills and it was alot more difficult there. 
Today I will walk, lift weights and finish binding.  How about you?
I love summer!  Tomorrow we will be heading to the high places to check out a campground and maybe do some hiking. 
Sending lots of love your way!
Noreen

6 comments:

  1. Hi Noreen,
    It's always a little sad when the little birdies fly away, isn't it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've inspired me! I'm going to go ride my bike. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a bit of rain here to today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I don't care what you say I am VERY impressed with all that bike riding...and weight lifting too? Good for you....I think it is just wonderful. I have managed to come up with some stretching exercises that I have been doing faithfully for the last month twice a day and I have definitely noticed some improvement in my knees. How grateful I am for that. I have actually finished all the sewing over here and now I am trying to wrap everything in an original and fun way (that I haven't thought of yet, haha) Hope you had a GOOD day. Love to you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! It's just too hot and humid to do much outdoor activity here. We keep hoping for our "seasonal" temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seriously missing bike time ... it seems like when I'm not working, it's too hot or too rainy. The only nice days seem to be ones where I'm working. Gotta get out on that bike soon!

    I know you're going to miss those little birdies (even if you don't miss their mess!).

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14