Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Oh Happy Day

Happy Wednesday friends,  Yesterday morning I woke up with this old hymn resonating in my spirit and sang it all morning.  Today I'm singing it for a different reason; you see about three weeks ago we received a request from our health insurance provider asking that we submit a copy of our marriage license.  Well, after searching and searching I was unable to find it; it probably was misplaced in our move.  So I began the time consuming task of obtaining one online since we now live in a different state.  I filled out the paper work etc. only to find out we needed a notarized statement before the vital record department could continue.  I totally understand that and appreciate it since hubby and I were both victims of identity theft.  So I comply and mail it off last week, only to get several emails indicating they hadn't received the notarized form.  Mind you, we have to have this into our health insurance company by the end of April or my coverage is cancelled.  Can you hear the panic in my voice?  This morning I placed yet another call to the record company doing the search and was placed on hold for 25 minutes after several previous attempts.  That would have been alright but after the 25 minutes I was disconnected.  All the while I am trying to have a good attitude and be positive so I don't alienate the person on the other end.  I ended up calling back and requesting a supervisor, which I should have done first thing.  Long story short-the forms have been sent to California and my certified copy should be here within 10 working days.  So I again am singing Oh Happy Day.  It is just hard to believe that after so many years with the insurance company, they are now wanting my marriage license.  Oh well, I will be happy to send them a copy.  If our marriage had occurred within the last 10 yrs it would have been much easier but because we've been married over 30 yrs there are more hoops to jump through.  That's alright by me. 
I hope your morning is going great and that your day is bright with all that makes you happiest.
Hugs, Noreen

9 comments:

  1. Things like this are soo frustrating. So glad you got it straightened out! Have a wonderful day my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, what a Happy Day. :) Here's to the insurance company receiving the copy quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHH....."those" types of calls can be difficult. I try and remember to ask God for favor before I even dial....and someone who speaks a form of English that I can understand. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man...that sounds like a pain. Funny that they want your marriage license. I have no idea if we have ours or not (o:
    I emailed Marlene but have not heard back yet. This is what I purpose... Breakfast or lunch at Meme's in Loveland (near I-25) then we can go over to Centerra Mall and walk around. How does that sound?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sooo know what you mean! Remember when I had to come up with ours for my driver's license?? Ours was in a courthouse that flooded...not fun to try to track one down!! Finally did, though, and oh so thrilled when that was over and done with!!

    Hope your day is fab, Nor! Me and Maddy are finishing up school and then going shopping for a bit!

    Love you!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Happy Day is right! What a nightmare to have your identity stolen and then this. So glad you got it all straight. Enjoy your week and thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Happy Day is right! What a nightmare to have your identity stolen and then this. So glad you got it all straight. Enjoy your week and thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes happy day, happy for you dear sister, have a blessed evening, Hugs Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14