Tuesday, February 8, 2011

 Good morning dear ones~ I wanted to share a few more photos with you all, from our time in California.  Above I am standing with a good friend from my high school and college days.  In fact, Sarah was Matron of Honor in my wedding and I was the godmother of her oldest son.  Somehow we lost touch with each other about twenty years ago and then just recently I did some searching and found her again.  She lives about 15 minutes from my brother and we had a wonderful but short visit.  When we used to spend time together, we were both young moms and she worked full time, so life kept us busy.  Now that she is retired I got to know more about her life and her passions.  I'm hoping this one visit turns into a renewed friendship.
 Here she is with her hubby. I fell in love with her Lab pup who at only 6 mos old is one of the mellowest of Lab's I've ever been around.  We got caught up on all the happenings with our children and one of her adult boys stopped by so I got to see him after twenty years.
 My brother's dog-a Border Terrier.  This is the first time I've met miss Izzie and she was adorable. 
 Hubby and I in their back yard-notice the green grass.  Their Magnolia and Tupil trees were also blooming.  I had forgotten how beautiful winter can be when you have lots of greenery.
This is what we woke up to today.  I love winter here but freely admit to having thoroughly enjoyed the nice weather while in Ca.  I also will admit that our summer is much prettier here because we have lots of green while northern Ca. is very very brown. 
Wherever you are, may you bask in the warmth of the Lord.
Noreen

15 comments:

  1. What fun to reconnect with your friend. Pics are great. Looks like you had terrific weather! It has been glorious here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a blog award at Arise 2 Write. It is the second post down. You definitely have a stylish place, here.

    I have a prayer request at All Gods Creatures.

    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how wonderful Noreen to have found her! I hope you all do renew your friendship :) It was soo nice seeing GREEN in the back ground hee hee instead of WHITE SNOW EVERYWHERE!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Noreen,

    A post full of blessings! Isn't God good!!! I love seeing the warm weather...it reminds me that spring is right around the corner. Take care

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how wonderful to have found your old friend. I have searched and searched for the friend who introduced my husband and I soo many years ago. We lost touch shortly after we were married. How I would love to reconnect. The weather is really pretty. Waking up to snow would be sooo wonderful I am thinking...ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noreen, love the summer photos. How refreshing.
    Actually my daughter's engagement is bogus. We took the picture of the guy who "proposed" as a joke. They're just friends, kidding around. He's actually very well mannered, good looking and a good singer. Quite a catch.
    Thanks for stopping by.......Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'be been thinking about going to see a friend I've not seen in several years--Your post has pushed me in that direction just a bit....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is nice to have 4 seasons....so much brown all the time would be difficult for me. Through facebook I have been reconnected to many college friends....so much fun. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice to meet up with an old friend...and enjoy green (o:
    It is just so cold out there....no shoveling for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post!! The weather in SC has been back and forth from spring to wintry weather. It's what I like to call roller coaster weather!! Have a bless week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's such a warm feeling reconnecting with special friends from our past. K

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice photos and always good to catch up with old friends-glad you were able to do this.
    Wow-look at all that snow!! So pretty!
    Have a great day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you really enjoyed your Calif. visit. The weather here in So Cal has been really nice as well. How wonderful to have found your old friend. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi -

    I enjoyed this tour with you.

    It is so great when we find people that we had not engaged with for years. Glad that you and your friend re-connected.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful thing to find
    an old friend and reconnect!
    The pictures are gorgeous. Thanks
    for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14