Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesdays Truth

Morning friends,  Firstly I want to wish our youngest daughter Kim and her hubby a Happy 8th Anniversary.
How quickly the years have flown by, filled with laughter, joy, fun and some tears.  They've got four little girls, ages 5,3,2. 9 mos who have brought such fun into their lives and of course into ours.  Kim and her hubby are a wonderful couple and we are so very proud of them.

Today's devotional from Jesus Calling: "I am leading you along the high road, but there are descents as well as ascents.  In the distance you see snow-covered peaks glistening in brilliant sunlight.  Your longing  to reach those peaks is good, but you must not take shortcuts.  Your assignment is to follow Me, allowing Me to direct your path.  Let the heights beckon you onward, but stay close to Me. 
Learn to trust Me when things go wrong.  Disruptions to your routine highlight your dependence on Me.  Trusting acceptance of trials brings blessings that far out weigh them all.  Walk hand in hand with Me through this day.  I have lovingly planned every inch of the way.  Trust does not falter when the path becomes rocky and steep.  Breathe deep draughts of My Presence, and hold tightly to My hand.  Together we can make it!"

How often we shrink back from trials but sometimes the blessings in the trials far out weigh the trials themselves.  When my sister was in the final leg of her journey with cancer, I remember thinking that walking through it with her daily was such a trial, one I wouldn't choose.  Yet, by the time she finished, I realized it was one of the richest gifts I'd ever been given-to walk through it with her and be there until the end.  What a gift she'd given me by allowing my alongside her.  I most certainly would have chosen life for her but that was not her path at that time and I'm thankful that I was there for her.  There were days when she was definitely the stronger one emotionally, I remember sobbing to her that I wasn't ready for life without her. If we would but keep our eyes on the perfector of our faith we would not shrink back but instead just grab His hand and trust.

In His Grip, Noreen

10 comments:

  1. What a blessing you are my friend. Your sister truly was a blessing too!!!
    God bless you.
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Noreen, I loved this post! kinda went hand and hand with mine this morning! Mine was Faith~ and then we must Trust! Trust is my word for the year! Have a great day, and Congrats! to the happy couple:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your daughter! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very touching post... and good words to live by. It must have been so hard to walk that road with your sister must have been. We all have a road of some kind and just when we think wehave the route memorized ...every bump and dip and mud hole (and the flowers on the side too) the road changes. Then we start a whole new walk (o: I can't imagine walking those roads without Jesus beside me.

    I am starting the second round of the 'Cold'. yuk

    I found a dress in the back of the closet (while moving stuff) it is dark green velvet. Empire waist. Floor length. You are welcome to use it or even alter it. One catch. You need to come down here and see me to see it (o:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thoughts for a dreary day in Virginia, Noreen! I remember once 'complaining' about what I was going through and had the thought come to me that they made me who I am...I'm stronger and have more faith because of those trials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to your daughter! My oldest daughter Megan and her husband will celebrate #8 in May.

    I know that you enjoyed your granddaughters over the weekend. I too got to spend some much needed make-up time with mine after being away for 8 days!

    love to you Noreen and so glad you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grab His hand and trust....that is sweet abiding. It is such a privilege to walk that hard path with the dying...very life changing. Celebrating with you for the joy of a child loving well and being loved well. I really can not imagine what that is like to watch a man come into your daughter's life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to think I am who I am because of all of life's pretties, and all of my wise choices. But 20/20 hindsight reveals a path strewn with heartache, betrayal & losses galore.

    Today I thank God for all of it ... for truly it has all worked together for my good, and His glory.

    Many blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this wonderful devotional Noreen.

    'Happy Anniversary' to your daughter and her hubby! I pray they are blessed with many more.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a hard thing to do--yet as you walked with your sister, Jesus was right beside you. All those hard places--but what a great Lord!

    My daughter is having her fourth child in 10 days. She, too, is love well and I count that among my sweetest blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14