Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday's Nugget

This morning as I read my devotional, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, I knew I had to post it; it certainly seems appropriate for things going on here but with so many others.  Enjoy.

"I want you to learn a new habit.  Try saying, "I trust You, Jesus" in response to whatever happens to you.  If there is time, think about who I am in all My Power and Glory; ponder also the depth and breadth of My love for you.
This simple practice will help you see Me in every situation, acknowledging My sovereign control over the universe.  When you view events from this perspective-through the Light of My universal Presence-fear loses its grip on you.  Adverse circumstances become growth opportunities when you affirm your trust in Me no matter what.  You receive blessings gratefully, realizing they flow directly from My hand of grace.  Your continual assertion of trusting Me will strengthen our relationship and keep you close to Me."

I don't know what situations you are facing today, this month, this year but one thing is certain-the Lord does.  He will never leave you or forsake you!  Seek Him and He will rescue you.
In His Arms, Noreen

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Noreen! Thanks for sharing the words from this devotional. It's so important to remember the Lord is in control! Practicing the presence of God draws me close to the Lord like little else! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this devotional and just love it....it just gives you a sense of really hearing God speak. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great devotion and words to live by. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful devotional. I am going to remember to say those words every day and in every situation..."I trust you Jesus"...I was doing that for awhile and then let it slip....I find it necessary to do so again. This is one devotional book I will need to look for.God bless and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Noreen,
    Very great post indeed! So funny because a friend just told me on Sunday about that book, and said it was super, but she thought that was the name and didn't remember the name of the writer. She said it was an awesome book you don't want to put down.
    What she says is so true! I remember the night my husband was taken from the Drs. office to the hospital and they were concerned he might have a heart attack, a very serious time.......when I got home that night I was being bombarded with scary thoughts, and I just sat at the kitchen table and said Lord I don't have time for this, my hubby needs me and Lord, I trust you, I trust you, I trust you, and I know you will get me thru no matter what happens, and the results of that were truly amazing.
    I never had time to worry.......
    It was amazing how the Lord undertook in a mysterious ways.
    Thanks for sharing this great wisdom.
    Hope you had a Wonderful Christmas
    and that you will also have a Happy New Year!!
    Love ya, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14