Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday Musings

Good Morning All~ Can you believe that we are at the end of January already? It simply amazes me how quickly the days and months fly by!  I pray your weekend was filled with the richest of blessings and that as you ponder your days, you will clearly see the hand print of God all over your life. 
I've been reading "Going Rogue" by Sarah Palin and I can tell you that it isn't exactly light reading but this book has taught me so much about Alaska's history.  We have many friends who are so opposed to Sarah and that is their right; we try to avoid all political discussions with those not like minded.  This book has also filled me in on her early years of politics and given me a greater respect and perspective than before. 
In the chapter I'm reading, she quotes Charles Swindoll and I found it very fitting for all of us.
"I am convinced that life to 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it.  And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes."
I love this quote and find it so true.  We have a choice in how we view life and what our attitudes are.  Even in the midst of the most horrid of circumstances, life could always be worse.  I am thankful for each day the Lord grants me.  How about you?
Blessings to you this day,
Noreen

13 comments:

  1. Morning Noreen,
    I love that quote to, and believe it is sooooo true!
    I want to read Sarah's book as well,
    I think she is a neat lady.
    She calls it like she sees it, and wow, that is refreshing!!
    Hope you are doing well, have missed you!
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Noreen

    I can't believe how the time has flown by either.
    I loved Sarah Palins show on Alaska. Alot of my friends woulod not watch it but I felt like they missed out on seeing beautiful Alaska. Marvin and I have also got interested in Flying Alaska. I will have to add her book to my list. I have 5 books waiting for me to read now.

    Have a great Monday!
    Blessings & Hugs
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just couldn't agree more with you and that quote...we may not always have a choice when it comes to the things life deals us. But, we DO have a choice in how we react! The book sounds really good...I think I will look into it. Hope you have a wondeful day!
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote. I am going to write it on my kitchen chalkboard (o:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quote and I've been
    thinking about reading the book.
    I like Sarah a lot myself, so
    does my husband. And yes, attitude
    is everything as far as I am
    concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Charles Swindoll, and I love that quote, and I love Sarah Palin! Have you also watched Sarah Palin's Alaska yet? Wonderful!!!
    Have a beautiful week Noreen. Hoping for lovely weather for you when you come to N Calif.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do live in turbulant times amd our wonderful country is having many dark days, but Praise God, he is the light of the world. Knowing this in my heart gets me thru the turmoil our country is in...I don't think it's your political party, it's your faith in God that makes the difference.
    God bless us all and God bless the USA....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Noreen,
    That quote is so true! Attitude is everything... My husband and I both like Sarah Palin. We try not to talk politics with people who don't agree with us too. It's not worth it. I would like to read her book sometime. I appreciate her honesty in the way she sees things.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Noreen,
    Love the quote and one I do not have in my vast collection!
    It is all about attitude and how we deal with things that come our way.
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Quotes and oh so true! My husband and I watched Sarah Palin's Alaska and loved it. Her book is next on my list to read. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does seem as if we just started the year and here we are in February...what happened?
    Along the lines of the comment someone once told me, "you cannot control what happens to you, but you can control how you react to it." Seems fitting.
    The book sounds interesting. I may have to give it a try.
    Blessings,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Although not a Palin fan I enjoyed the quote. I would love to one day see Alaska in all it's beauty.
    And yes, I'm so grateful to everything the Lord has brought my way. Every day is a gift and I'm so thankful for what each day brings.
    Hugs and blessings,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to read this book, too! The co-author, Lynn vincent, also co-wrote "The Same Kind of Different As Me" (see review on my blog) and "Heaven Is For Real"---both are excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14