Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Musings

Happy Monday dear friends~how was your weekend?  Ours was very nice; Saturday our granddaughters were here for the day and it was such fun!  Yesterday hubby and I went on our search for things to wear for our Victorian dinner in Feb.  I found a burgundy velvet jacket to wear with a long black dress and once I add some lace it will be perfect.  Hubby did find a jacket at a costume store that will work; now that we have some things lined up we can relax and just enjoy the party.  I will say though that this has brought up a topic of conversation with our youngest daughter because back when she was in high school she had a dark green Victorian style dress with velvet collar and matching boots but being the woman she is, she gave it away because she didn't have a need for it.  Our other daughter however saved all her formal dresses in case she had daughters and they wanted dress up clothes.  Such a contrast in personalities and we cherish each daughter.  I've done things like this before; in fact after I had children I gave away many of my preschool resource books not realizing that down the road I would go back into teaching.  So it made me wonder how does one know what to get rid of and what to put away for another day?  When we moved I also gave away several costumes that might have come in handy at a later date.  I did keep tons and tons of costume jewelry for my granddaughters though. 
Hubby and I are finally feeling like we've beat this nasty cold bug-hopefully it will be the only one this year.
Have a warm and wonderful day and smile-the world will look better.
Noreen

7 comments:

  1. Happy Monday to you Noreen

    Our grandkids were here this weekend. We had a good time. Marvin is really sick with that dreaded cold and I have a bad sore throat. I hope it goes away fast.
    It sounds like you are getting over it.

    Have a blessed day!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't save much anymore. I just packed up a bag of clothes to give away. I don't have much patience with clutter, but I'm sure there are things that have been tossed that would have come in handy someday. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Noreen, the Victorian dinner sounds like it's going to be so much fun! I can't wait to hear about it. I spent time with my granddaughter and grandson this weekend as well, so I know how much fun that can be!!

    In reference to your question about Gracie, Yes, she is a Cockapoo. She's six years old now, and never has been a big 'shedder'. If I go more than a week without running the vacuum on the floors, will see her little fur collections though... We enjoy her so much. Did a lot of research before we decided on a Cockapoo. And as puppies.. so adorable! (Gracie wasn't real easy to train though...)

    Blessings to you, Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had our two great grandsons over this weekend. What fun we had with them. Each one has his own strong personality and we treasure them beyond what I could ever have imagined.
    Your Victorian Dinner sounds delightful and I just love finds of any kind, the closet or the thrift store.
    Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That WAS a nasty bug to have lasted this long. I surely am glad to hear that you're feeling better/over this bug.

    I'm not a saver ... each time we move, I evaluate everything ... if we've used it since the previous move or if it has sentimental value, we keep it. If not, we give it away or take it to Goodwill. I can think of only a couple of things that I wish I hadn't gotten rid of ... with 4 moves in 23 years, I don't think that's too bad. ;-)

    Have a terrific Tuesday tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting post to read after I spent several hours in my sewing room trying to decide what to keep and what to get rid of. As you know clearing the clutter out of my life is one of my 60 goals and it is not easy! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you feel you have kicked that cold bug! I cleaned on Friday for over 10 hours! sheesh ~ I haven't done cleaning like that in quite a long time....Obviously LOL

    What is a Victorian dinner? I can't wait to see your pics!

    Isn't it amazing how God puts our families together with all the different personalities. My husband and I took a class a few years ago and this was one thing we learned. It was soooo very interesting. I have loved learning all the different personalities and what they like/dislike and how to understand each one. God is just soo amazing :)

    Love you my friend! Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14