Monday, January 3, 2011

January Musings

Happy New Year dear friends!  This is the very fist Monday of a brand new year so filled with possibilities and adventures.  How was your New Year and your weekend?  Mine started out with a major tooth ache which also included an abscess-such fun.  I will see the dentist tomorrow and hopefully antibiotics will clear this up; I've been down this road before and not excited about traveling it again especially when looking at the potential costs. 
Saturday evening our oldest and her family came for a turkey dinner and some games-so much fun!  The weather all weekend was so very cold but after Friday we didn't get snow.  Of course today the sun is shining and I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, the snow will melt away.
Do you make resolutions or goals for the New Year?  I don't really but I'm desiring some positive changes for the year-more exercise and a healthier body.  I'm praying that the economy picks up and life becomes a tad bit easier-o.k. a lot easier.  But more than all this I want to continue to cultivate an attitude of gratitude in all areas, even challenges and to live each day to the fullest, cherishing every minute and every person, for I am truly blessed.
Hugs to you today, Noreen

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the toothache Noreen...no fun at all. Sounds like you had a good week-end. I think everyone is on the same page about getting healthier and eating right. I've got an appointment for Jenny Craig on Wed. Time to get REAL serious again...sigh...but I am feeling good about it. Have a wonderful day. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for our friendship (o:
    That tooth thing is a big deal. I have had it before and it really rocks your world. Pray it will heal. I have a cold that just snuck up on me New Years day...I hate it...but now i can say I'd rather deal with this than a toothache. Feel better soon (o:

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sympathies to you regarding your tooth problem. I have just recovered after having 2 teeth extracted at the beginning of December, and all the ensuing problems that entailed for me. I pray that you don't have to go down that route, but problems with teeth can be so debilitating. Hopefully the antibiotics will clear things up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Noreen! I'm just sorry you're starting it off with a toothache--I had one around Christmas and thankfully because I caught it 'early' it didn't get involved--I will hope the same for yours too!!

    I don't make resolutions, but like your thought to remember to be grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No resolutions for me this year as I don't tend to keep them anyway! LOL!

    So sorry about your toothache. Hope it get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Noreen, whoa~ no toothaches!! Hope this finds you feeling better. Just so you will know mine has been a earache! I have just kinda had this on and off for a while but the last couple of days it just wants to act up!! so off to the ENT, Wed. morning, for my primary doc just said to use nose spray! I just did not get it! but I am going to see tomorrow what this ENT says! but anyway doing great otherwise! Hope you have a wonderful day! Love and Blessings:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all about that attitude of gratitude goal!! We have so much to be thankful for, and God is so faithful.

    Take care of that toothache.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14