Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Oh what a beautiful day it is! My hubby returned home yesterday after being gone, on a golf trip, for 9 days. Life has returned to normal and I am so happy he's back!!!! I love the fact that he is able to go spend some time with his guy friends and of course play his favorite sport-rather passion-as much as he wants but my, oh my, do I miss him when he is away.
He knows our eating habits will change now, with the changes I have to make to heal my liver, but he is on board and honestly there isn't much that will change for him.
For me, as I've said, I'm eliminating all dairy, egg, soy and gluten from my diet. Eliminating gluten is not a big issue because there is a huge amount of gluten free products out there-apparently one in four people suffer from gluten intolerance. The major issue though is finding a brand of gluten free foods, especially deserts, that don't contain dairy, soy or egg. I've been able to find so much in the way of breads, pastas, cereals, snacks etc that I can have but there are a few items I haven't found yet such as Mayo-have you ever tried to eat an artichoke without May? Add to the fact, that for the next three months, I am also on a Candida's diet so sugar is also eliminated....thus no cookies and no dried fruit. I have gone from rice milk to Almond milk and love this. I will often have Gluten free oatmeal, cream of rice or cream of buckwheat for breakfast; a salad, fresh veges etc on a corn tortilla or gluten free bread for lunch and for dinner a protein, grilled or steamed veges and some sort of raw vege plus maybe a serving of fruit. Much of what I'm following is very similar to Weight Watchers and I do allow myself a piece of dark cacao chocolate at night for my heart. I haven't been walking the last week as much but still dropping a couple of pounds. I know that in order to help my liver regenerate itself I need to be vigilant in avoiding all the food intolerances I have.
It will be interesting to see how I feel in a few months time after changing my eating habits; especially if I am able to keep the extra "fluff" off.
Have a beautiful day!!!
Hugs, Noreen

10 comments:

  1. I am happy for you, and praying for your health too, lots of hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear how this works out. Glad your hubby is back home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad he is back and all is good
    You are doing so good with your diet...liveit (o:
    I would be so stumped about what to buy...
    I bought some almond milk but have not tried it yet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noreen,

    Thanks for posting some of the specific changes you are making. Are these items available in grocery stores or are you having to locate them in health food stores?


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a sweet outlook on this diet change! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sweet Lady,
    Glad your Hubby is home and you feel complete again! Praying for you in navigating all those food challenges. The LORD bless and lead you. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for renewed health for you...

    My husband travels a lot in his business...so I can relate to your relief and joy when your DH gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Noreen! Glad your husband is home, my husband loves golf and so do I! Do you play?

    I am praying for your health too.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are finding things you can eat. We are really lucky to have such well stocked stores that make special diet needs easier. Glad you hubby is home. I know when mine leaves it is nice for the first day or so, but then I want him back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Continued prayers dear friend. You have been a great source of encouragement and information to me ;-)
    Love, Hugs & Prayers, Ella

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14