Wednesday, February 10, 2010

In The Valley

If you are in a valley of suffering right now, whether it be physical, spiritual, financial, emotional or any other struggle please know there is One who understands and desires to be with you.
I know of so many dear ones who are fighting for their lives from cancer and it would seem not a day goes by when you don't hear about someone losing their home or a loved one. My heart is burdened to pray for those in need. As I walked today, I listened to the following song and thought how relevant it is today although it was taken from a book of Puritan Prayers decades ago.
May it be a healing balm to your heart this day.

When You lead me to the valley of vision
I can see You in the heights
And though my humbling wouldn't be my decision
It's here Your glory shines so bright
So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown
To be low is to be high
That the valley's where You make me more like Christ.

Let me find Your grace in the valley
Let me find Your life in my death
Let me find Your joy in my sorrow
Your wealth in my need
That You're near with every breath
In the valley

In the daytime there are stars in the heavens
But they only shine at night
And the deeper that I go into darkness
The more I see their radiant light
So let me learn that my losses are my gain
To be broken is to heal
That the valley's where Your power is revealed.

Sovereign Grace Praise

For those without Hope, without any certainty, know that He is near to all who call upon Him.
He is Faithful and will not let you down.
Please let me know if you need prayer.
Because He first loved us, Noreen

9 comments:

  1. You are precious Sister! Praying with you for everyone who is in the valley right now and needs the encouragement that GOD is with them and will help them.

    I'm praying also for you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this beautiful reminder Noreen.
    Hugs & Prayers, Ella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet friend, I am so thankful for your heart and your prayers. I still am in need as we go through these difficult times. But God is good and I know that everything that happens to me is first filtered through His fingers of love. And for that I'm thankful.

    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words
    thanks for taking the time to share
    hope your little Granddaughter is feeling better...we need to see the pink cast (o:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miss Noreen,
    What a wonderful song, such true words and such a great reminder of the wonderful lord we serve. I know what you mean there are so many that are going thru so much, I believe the Lord is getting us ready for his coming to be honest.
    Thanks for stopping in today and so glad you are finding the info so
    helpful........it can be pretty confusing I have to admit.
    Have a great rest of the week
    sweet lady,you have such a great heart Noreen.
    love & Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noreen, that is so beautiful...thank you for sharing it. I am finding that when I am in the valleys, God seems closer than at times when things seem to be going the way I want them too. Praise God for being EVER present!
    Hugs,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this, what a wonderful reminder of God's grace.Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14