Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Friday dear friends, Again the week has flown by so quickly. Yesterday morning I spent with our youngest and her three girls. It was a joy to be able to watch her homeschooling and to just be an extra set of hands should she need me. Afterwards, we ran errands-it helps having two adults with three girls between the ages of 4(going on 10),2,1. In the afternoon, I made a quick trip up to our oldest girls home to help them get ready for a weekend getaway. They are in Glenwood Springs for the weekend, enjoying snow time with a group from church. Right as I left their house it began to snow and it continued to snow until sometime during the night. We had plans to head down to Denver today and attend the Home Show but the weather made us really rethink this idea, so instead we are staying home and staying warm. I think the nice weather the last couple of weeks has made me anxious for spring and as much as I like snow, I'd rather it be sunny and warm. It is early to say that though because we could have two more months of the white stuff. O.k. so maybe our vacation for two weeks in the islands will be warm and a break from the cold.
We don't have anything exciting planned for the weekend~just watching the Olympics and my continued hand quilting.
Whatever you do, enjoy it!
Hugs, Noreen

11 comments:

  1. Islands???? Ummmm, sending you a map so you can swing by and pick me up....lol.
    I can't imagine all the bitter cold and snow all my more Northerly friends have experienced recently. For us here on the coast it has been unusually cold as well. It dips into the low twenty's and sometimes even the teens and last week we had snow flurries...go figure. "AL, about that global warming!" We sure could use a bit right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend- checking in on your blog to see how life is in CO. It's been getting warm in Phoenix. I'll have to email you but let me just say that there are movers in my house right now. We sold our furniture and our house.

    I'm praying for God's grace to get through this day. And He is faithful.

    Love you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful relaxing weekend Noreen ~~
    Hugs, Ella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dropping in to say: Thank you for your prayers, love, and encouragement. Hope you enjoy your quite weekend.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your post. How nice your girls are near and you can do these things with them. It is suppose to rain here all week-end. Don't think we will do much either. Have a wonderful week-end relaxing. Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. woohooo.... the islands. I'm SO there.
    We're planning a quiet weekend too. Possibly going out to eat tomorrow when we run errands.

    I wanted to thank you so much for inviting me to the "Sisters By Heart" retreat at the West Florida District Assemblies of God in Florida.

    I was able to locate the info on the retreat. I appreciate the offer, but I don't live anywhere near Florida and I simply can't justify the expense.

    But I pray that it's an uplifting time for everyone!

    Blessings,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nor! We're hanging "in" this weekend as well. Sure do LOVE those eagle photos of yours!!

    Sure do love ya gal!! Hope your weekend is calm and delightful!!
    Love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're awaiting spring and we're awaiting autumn, bring on the cooler weather *phew*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Miss Noreen,
    So nice that you have your daughters and grandchildren close by, so you get to see them all the time and be such a part of their lives. I bet you are such a great grammy. That is so nice for your daughters to have that help too. I really didn't have much help with my kids in that way,
    but sure would have been nice. So bless you for being such an interested and involved Grandmother, that is so important!!
    Are you really going to the island soon?? Oh what a treat that would be, huh!! Hope its true for you!!
    Loved your pictures of the eagles,
    just didn't get time to leave a comment, they are so regal. I just love seeing God's critters
    in all their glory.
    Just about an hour or so ago I got a visit from the animal kingdom myself, will post about it soon.
    You have a gloriously wonderful weekend my sweet friend,
    Love and Blessings,Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Nellie! I think it is fantastic that you are willing to be an extra pair of hands...that is what I want to be for my children when we get to that season (no hurry !).
    Enjoy your vacation!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14