Friday, December 11, 2009

Finding Joy In The Little Things

Christmas in the Sierra's 2006

Yesterday afternoon hubby and I ventured down to Golden, about 1 hour drive from us, to have dinner with some good friends. The weather was clear, the roads ice-free(thankfully)and the traffic extremely light. We purposely left early to avoid rush hour, because I do not enjoy traffic and since we made good time, we got to stop at one of our favorite antique stores-Armadillo's.
The store is huge and all I can say is that if money were no object we would always walk away with some new treasured antique. As it is, we really do just love walking the isles and browsing.
We then headed to our friends house and had a wonderful dinner. O.k. I will confess that I am still adjusting to baking here and my dessert had a bottom crust not fully baked. We will now purchase an oven thermometer to check the temp because I'm beginning to think it doesn't heat up to the full temp. and I really want to figure this out. After dinner, we played a new game-a dice game called Greed, but we were told that it has several different names. It was so fun and we are anxious to introduce it to our kids. Last week we played Tripoey with everyone; we've played that for many years so this new game will be a welcome addition. Our friends even sent us home with a puzzle for the holidays and cold weather.
Today we head over to our daughter's, C; I am trying to get to her house once a week, at the minimum, to help out with the new baby and spend time with the grandkids. I think hubby is going with me because our boys would not be too happy if I came alone. Our weekend seems to be filling up quickly and the next week looks booked already.
Our weather today is supposed to be in the 30's and tomorrow is supposed to hit the 40's-we'll feel like it's spring if it gets warmer than that.

Have a blessed and joyous weekend!
Hugs, Noreen

11 comments:

  1. Fun games and time with friends.
    Does the daughter with the boys live close... or is it a ways from you?
    The 27th!!!
    Wedding date.
    Small family ceremony. Still a little stressful for all.
    Blessings (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet blessings...sometimes the little things are really the greatest things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use to play games. We should go back to that!! Thank-you Nana Nor,
    It is a blessed time now while the baby is so small. If I could do it over again I would do it a lot different. I would give them a lot more me time!!!
    Blessing, Fern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noreen,
    Board games and puzzles are so fun. Sounds like you all had a wonderful day. The picture of the trees and snow is beautiful. Did you take that photo?
    Have a wonderful day and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun day. We enjoy different games too. Our favorite at present is Chicken Feet with dominoes. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun and relaxing. What a blessing to just take some time off and enjoy playing board games.
    Blessings,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noreen~~
    Isn't it lovely that some of the very simple pleasure of life are so very wonderful!
    Friends, Food, Fellowship and the Fun of good old fashioned board games. Sounds great!
    Hugs, Ella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Noreen,
    What a wonderful trip you both had, I love to find and play new games, and this one is new to me. I must check it out.
    I am so happy you get to spend time with your grand children, and i know your daughter enjoys the me time.

    I have been busy cleaning and decorating for Christmas, this is my first blogging this week and I am trying to catch up.
    I am doing just so great health wise. Walking 5 days a week ,and cutting back on portions, though the weight loss is slow at my age. LOL.
    Have a blessed week end.
    Hugs and blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful weekend you're having Noreen!

    To be able to visit your grandchildren and help your daughter with the newly-born is such a special privilege :o)

    Oh how those little ones must love it when they see you and your husband walking up to the door!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sweet Friend! I am so glad that you are getting in that precious time with your new grandy! What a joy to your heart, I'm sure!! Our holidays should be full of the love, laughter, and warmth of family and friends, and it sounds like yours are!! You are blesses, Nor'!!

    Love this amazing forest photo, too! Breathtaking!!

    Have a delightful day and know that I love ya!!
    HUGS,
    Beck

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14