Friday, May 29, 2009

Fabulous Friday

Friday Blessings to you dear friend! What a glorious day it is, such a gift from the Father to be appreciated and enjoyed. Yesterday I went on two walks~ the first one with my oldest, C, and her four and then later I took our little granddaughter for a walk while our Peanut had therapy. Many of you have asked how Peanut is doing and although she continues to have struggles with GERD and also with fainting spells she is a happy and loving child. She has therapy once at week but mama meets with the nutritionist once a month and also a physical therapist on a regular basis. Thank you all for your prayers concerning this little one...at two she has gone through some challenges and has a strong will to show for it.
Today I hope hubby and I can go on a bike ride; we rode 8 miles on Wednesday and today I hope to do the 14-18 mile ride nearby. It is an easy ride and now that I know hubby still has padded bike shorts from his days of mountain biking I think we'll be fine especially if it is a nice morning.
We are in our spring and summer weather pattern of afternoon thunder and rain storms. I love it but it terrifies our two dogs, in fact I don't think I've ever owned a dog that wasn't fearful of thunder.
Tomorrow a neighbor near our youngest daughters house is having a garage sale and she always has the cutest country items, both for home and garden, so I plan to be there as soon as she opens her garage door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I often wear my heart on my sleeve and have always had a difficult time keeping secrets. There are those family members that lovingly tease me about this so I can now say it isn't always the case....you know who you are. So I am proudly announcing(now that our daughter blogged about it) that our oldest daughter is 13 weeks pregnant, making her parents very proud. It seems like just yesterday that she was pregnant and moving(from Ca. to Colorado) and here we are again- she's pregnant and may very well be moving to a new home near here. Daughter and sil are in the process of buying a home in the country; the house will meet their needs with a growing family and it has acreage which will be a blessing. If all comes together they should be in there new home at the beginning of August. I am so excited for them and have already started looking for fabric for a new baby quilt. They are planning on finding out the sex and that will make it easier for me to complete the quilt before the baby arrives, before Thanksgiving and Christmas although it seems I somehow get quilts done when under pressure.

Have a wonderful weekend filled with all that makes you happiest.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on another Grand-baby. How fun. It was nice to have an update on Peanut. Glad things are going pretty good for her (o: That seems like a really long bike ride. You go girl. Have fun at the garage sale (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on another grandbaby. I know you're going to enjoy spoiling her/him. Can't wait to hear about the moving progress for them. It sounds like a wonderful place. Hugs and tons of love..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Noreen ~

    Sweet congratulations to you!♥ What a wonderful blessing for your whole family ~ a new little one to love! I hope you can find some country treasures at the garage sale ~ it sounds like so much fun! I love country decorating. This is such a wonderful time of year for bike riding ~ enjoy!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new grandbaby! Should be exciting! Hope their move goes smoothly and the quilt you make turns out beautiful!!! Something to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Noreen,
    Congratulation to your daughter and her husband and also to the happy grandparents on the expected bundle of joy. I am so glad that she lives near you, now help me pray that our daughter would do the same. I can't tell you how much I miss her and those girls.
    But since we are spilling secrets, I plan to meet them in Orlando this upcoming week for a few days. yea!! I will take what I can get. lol
    I am glad that you are exercising, I firmly believe it is a main key to health! I love to ride my bike but when I do for a while I really hurt and you know where.LOL. I have not heard of padded shorts before please give me more info.

    I am trying to keep up with my walking though. Thank you for sharing, and hoping your weekend is most blessed.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the pending grandbaby. There's nothing like being a grandma, is there? We were out for a walk today and two of our DGC rode their bikes, so it made us walk a little faster than usual, which is good for us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! It was so hard for me not to tell everyone I knew when we found out we were going to be grandparents, but we were asked to wait until after the first trimester and it was really their news. Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how exciting!!! Congratulations on both counts, grandbaby and daughter moving closer to home!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14