Friday, February 6, 2009

My Guy
















My guy loves to golf and golf is his passion. Moving from California to Colorado limited his months of golf and instead of being able to golf year round he now has to wait until spring. This week has been so beautiful and almost all of our snow is melted thus letting him get out with friends and enjoy different courses. The pictures above are of a course in our town that is open during the winter if snow is minimal and he took these to send to his buddies back home. They've been sending him pictures of some of his favorite courses and teasing him about how often they are able to golf. California is facing a potential drought and I'm not sure how this would affect the courses but they will probably look like the courses here. You probably won't be able to see them, but the Rockies are in the background of the picture on the left.
If any of you are married to a golfer you will understand how difficult it is for one to sit out several months a year. Since snow is in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow I imagine we will be laying more hardwood at our daughter's house and possibly even packing for our move in a month and a half.
Blessings to you, may your joy be in Jesus today and always.

3 comments:

  1. my hubby does not golf. He would rather be working on a car (o: You guys will have to check out the golf course in Estes. We fish at the lake there and walk on the path and view the elk that hang out there sometimes. He could send that picture to his friends....very pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen,
    Maybe your husband can play golf like those in Alaska-- with flourescent-colored golf balls? I know it must be frustrating for both of you.
    My dad loves to play golf and lives near several courses. He lives in an area where he can play year around. My mom said she wanted a warmer climate, but I have a feeling the golf courses were calling my dad.
    Praying for warmer days,
    Miriam :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has he tried the course in Evergreen? My husband really likes it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14