Monday, December 1, 2008

Let It Snow

Yesterday morning we awoke to a nice blanket of snow covering everything. It has been exactly one year since we moved to beautiful Colorado and I still love the snow. Of course it helps that I don't have to get out and negotiate driving in it to get to work. Typically, I'm told, our area only gets a light dusting unlike the Rockies and it is gone by noon. The above photo was taken yesterday afternoon when most of the snow had melted. Last year we had a heavy snowfall which we absolutely loved. We haven't yet been snowed in or experienced any blizzards so the only problem I've encountered with snow was moving here. We saw semi's jack-knifing all over the freeways and the driving conditions were terrible,I have vowed never to move any great distance in the winter.
It's hard to believe it's December already-I still have one quilt to finish hand quilting, one to make and two to put bindings on. With the colder weather I'll be spending more time inside sewing and of course setting up our tree and decorating. We had our daughter's puppy and tonight we will have our granddaughter here with us for two nights so I put off the tree in favor of a more relaxed time with both granddaughter and puppy. I will tackle decorating on Thursday.
Tomorrow is the big day for our little Mackenzie; she goes in for the battery of tests. She will be staying overnight at Children's Hospital and hopefully they will gather enough info on her GERD to help get it under control and ease her pain. Your prayers for her would be so appreciated. Her mom, dad and baby sister will be there with her but it could be a very traumatic event in her young life.
As our Christmas season is upon us may you live in the reality of a living Savior and remember~
Jesus is the reason for the season.

7 comments:

  1. Please let us know how the tests go!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow...a mixed blessing. Three years ago (I think) it snowed and stayed forever...well 2 months. I will have to put up a picture of the girls sitting on it like a wall beside the sidewalk. Way to much. I will be praying for your little one. I am not sure what GERD causes. You may have to explain it to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Noreen!

    Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog. Please drop in again anytime that you can. Your blog is downright gorgeous. I love those swirls!

    It sounds like you have been working on Christmas gifts for a while now. You'll make it too. I hand quilt too, love it!

    Prayers and best wishes are being sent to your sweet granddaughter for a pain free solution.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for your little granddaughter, and her upcoming tests. I pray the doctors will be able to help her. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noreen,

    Will be praying for your little granddaughter that the doctors will be able to ease her pain and that she won't be too traumatized by all these tests.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Noreen,

    Have you been quilting long? I have made a few quilts, but I am really just learning as I go. I do fine on the top, sewing all the pieces together, but when I get to the part of putting the middle and back on, that is where my problems start. Luckily my mom just gave me a book called "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Quilting." That should help! :-)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know things are busy right now, and I hope you don't mind, but I have tagged you. :-)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14