Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Books

When we homeschooled our two daughters literature was integrated into every part of our day.
December 1st would roll up and our school work became even more Christ centered then it already was~out went the books and in came more creativity. We used math for cooking, wrapping and budgeting our gifts. History and Bible were focused on the birth of Christ. We read books all centered around the reason for the season. So whether or not you homeschool I thought I'd list some of our favorite books for the month of December. It is such a fun way to keep our eyes centered on what's important. My daughters now have these books and they continue to read these stories.

Three From Galilee by Majorie Holmes
The Other Wise Man-this could also be read between Christmas and Easter
The Christmas Box
The Lion in the Box
The Christmas Shoes
Karen Kingsbury has several Christmas books out as well. I've also got several books by Jennifer Chiaverini about holiday quilts. These are secular books but I have met her and I love her quilt stories.

Of course there was always music playing in background.
I can't believe we are at 15 more days to Christmas and I still have another quilt to make. If I don't get it done hubby will understand...for it is for him.
Have a joyfilled day.
Noreen

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your list of Christmas books. This is a wonderful idea, and I think I may incorporate this into our homeschooling. Thank you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. they were sweet, precious days and I look forward to doing that with our kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14