Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Country Life


A new friend of mine lives out in the country~it is within our city limits but each home has between 1-3 acres. My friend has three grown children and two pre-adolescent children; they bought their home 4 yrs ago because they wanted more room to spread out. Well although they have about an acre it is a wonderful place for children. I took my oldest daughter and her four little ones out there today to see the miniature horses. They all had a great time and Faith even got to sit atop one. Can you see her big smile, she is all about horses right now. So this was like a dream for her and the boys thoroughly enjoyed it as well.
They fed the chickens grain and played on the jungle gym and also swept up fallen leaves for my girlfriend. What a joy to sit on her back porch and watch the three oldest grandkids play; this is the type on home I hope hubby and I can buy within the next year. We'll see-hubby's idea of a perfect home is one overlooking a lake and golf course but I am a country girl at heart so that is where my dreams lie. Time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. Once more, this was a great post! Thanks for sharing your life!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a place like that as I am a country girl too! Such a sweet picture of a little one enjoying some time in the country!

    I hope you are enjoying a lovely day!

    Blessings,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm...okay, wow you were quick!!! :):) Thank for including us, we loved the time and will work on a thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14