Friday, October 24, 2008

Beauty to Behold


Each time I drive by this street I am in awe~the beauty of the Maples and the view of the Rockies, now covered with snow, take my breath away. God has such a wonderful palet of colors that He decorates His world with. But there are so many other things that daily I want to stop and thank Him for; today a friend shared bounty from her garden, lives filled with the laughter of children(my grandchildren) who call from the top of the stairs pretending to be a Star Wars character. It needs to be noted, my daughter's family does not have a t.v. and has never had cable; they are very careful in what the children may watch and the boys saw clips about star wars on a computer program. I'm thankful for my beloved hubby and all the prayers that have been lifted up for him over the years; I am so thankful for God's precious promises concerning those prayers. I am thankful for the close knit family we have and the joy we get in spending time together. I am so thankful for new girlfriends here in our area that bring me joy~it seems like a long 9 mos in getting to know other Christian gals. I am also thankful for the good report I received about a dear friends' daughter who just underwent surgery for brain cancer. In case you were one of the many upholding Leslie-the surgeon said he got all the tumor and she is making quick progress at Stanford. Thank you for all your prayers; she still has a long, rough road ahead of her but with the Lord's help she will make it through.
I am also so thankful for all the new friends I've made in our blogging world...it is so good to be connected even if just over the Internet.
Blessings to each of you this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Noreen,

    You couldn't have said it any better!

    We DO have so many things to be thankful for in every nook and cranny of our lives ... I find it's often just a matter of taking a deep breath and stepping back a bit to see the *full picture* and to get a glimpse of what the Lord is doing.

    He always amazes me :o)

    Blessings to you and your family as the weekend gets underway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear your friends surgery went well! Glad you are happy with the move and friends. I have never moved away from the area I grew up in (besides going away for school). My daughter lived in wine country CA. for a year and it was a great place to visit. (Sabastabol, not sure of spelling). Nice post about your daughter. They are great to have around (O:

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14