Monday, October 20, 2008

The Beauty of His Creation

Fall color at Graveyard Fields oct5 2008

We have finally begun to see vibrant oranges, reds and yellows that I am used to seeing in California. We are all sensing the coming of winter, for today is colder than this past few weeks and it feels like it could snow. In fact, snow is in the forecast for later this week. I am so excited for the coming of the winter, it signals a time of being at home and life being simpler. There has been a profound awareness in my spirit of how much excess we Americans have, and I have a growing desire to simplify. I'm  not sure exactly what that means but I know it is routed in living without "things", of focusing more on living a life of sacrifice, of giving to others, whether in thought or deed, to those who are less fortunate. It means that when we find a house, it need not be new or huge, that sometimes less is better. It also means not getting caught up in having to be constantly on the go and that often it is better to stop and listen to all that the Lord has for us. If we would learn to listen.

Lord, today may You lead Your people to stop and listen, to slow down and learn to be quiet and to find our all in You. Help us to learn that no matter how much we have, if it isn't used for You, it is worth naught. Amen.


Autumn on the farm.

1 comment:

  1. i love the color of fall! Here its already getting snow, soo not much color left!

    Thanks for your comment about the book review! Going to read the bravehearted gospel shortly too! i'm looking forward to that even more now!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14