Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Autumn is here


My oldest girl Carrie hosted a Welcome Fall party yesterday for all the children at our church. This was a way to celebrate the new season and give the little ones opportunities to gather, play and also dress up. My grandchildren do not celebrate Halloween so we try to celebrate whenever there is opportunity. Don't they just look adorable!! Little Olivia was down for her nap so she wasn't in this pic.
With fall I always pull out my seasonal decorations, add mini pumpkins and light fragrant Yankee candles. My absolute favorite candle is Mom's Apple Pie and I'm not sure they even make this anymore but I've had mine for years. It fills our home with the sweet scent of apples and Cinnamon. I also love sipping on Celestial Cinnamon Apple Spice tea and my newest fun passion is making applesauce. Do you see a trend here?
During the fall I also pull out my quilt projects that I let go over the summer and start quilting during the evenings. This year I will have more to do because we are trying to give homemade gifts to our family.
What types of things do you do to celebrate fall? I'd love to hear your traditions, or maybe additions of chores-from raking to canning.
Enjoy the changes.

5 comments:

  1. Precious costumes and faces!

    Autumn is one of my favorite seasons. Colorado's falls are perfect weather, sunny skies, cool nights, and amazing leaf colors. Change is good. And that candle sounds yummy!!

    Thanks for the encouragement on my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening Noreen ~

    I have enjoyed your posts. You have such cute grandchildren. The picture is so cute.

    The ~ Welcome Fall Party ~ must have been so fun!

    We stopped by a cider mill and picked up apple cider and spices that you use like a tea bag. We tried a cup last evening and it was very good. I have made Amish Pumpkin Bread to enjoy also.

    I have done some fall decorating and we are enjoying Spiced Apple and Caramel Pumpkin candles that we bought when we were in Branson MO last week.

    Thanks again for your posts.

    Simple blessings for your evening.
    Hugs ~
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri, Thanks so much for your thoughtful comments. Your encouragement warms my heart.
    I have tried to locate a Amish pumpkin bread recipe in two Amish cookbooks I have but haven't found one-did you get yours out of a cookbook...could you let me know where I might find one. I have made Amish friendship bread over the years but would like a change from that. Have a great season enjoying all the new sights and scents. Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Evening Noreen ~

    Do you have a way that I can send an email to you? I could send the recipe to you that way. Just let me know.

    Simple blessings.

    Hugs ~
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. pumpkin spice latte, bake pumpkin pies and fresh whipped cream, haul out the thanksgiving decorations and put them out (we celebrate thanksgiving earlier here in Canada), do a scavenger hunt with neighouring friends and their kids, roast pumpkin seeds (from the pumpkin we used to make the lattes, and pie!)... mmmmmmmm. fall is yummy! =D

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14