Friday, August 22, 2008

Funtastic Friday

I am no long working, at least out in the world, but Fridays still excite me. It is the end of the week which signals that there may be some different activities ahead. This morning I went over to my daughter's house to help out with her two little ones and mid morning dear hubby called to ask if Shannon and I wanted to go to an estate sale with him. Of course I said yes, we love antiques-especially cameras, furniture, golf clubs and quilts. So after piling into hubby's car the three of us headed out. Initially we had a hard time finding it and cruised by a local park; Shannon immediately started pleading to go to the "orange" park-the slides were neon orange.
We finally found the estate sale and were very disappointed but then turned our car in the direction of the park. We don't take this girl out to the park enough and she had a great time.
After quite awhile we were able to go grocery shopping by bribing her with the "race car"shopping cart. She was such a good helper with a great attitude...and anyone who has a 3 yr old knows how challenging grocery stores can be with a child in tow.
We returned to our daughter's house and hubby departed with groceries. I was able to help with lunch and get them all settled for a nice nap.
This afternoon I am hoping to make a peach cobbler for a get together tomorrow evening. I'm using Colorado peaches, better known as Palisade peaches and can't wait to get started on it.
So my day has been full of fun things and spending time with some of my favorite group; I am hoping to spend time with the the other grandchildren today as well.
Oh yes, it has been very windy here today and it feels like fall is definitely in the air. It should be fun to experience fall in Colorado and venture to the high country to see the Aspens change.

Have a joyous weekend and don't forget to take time to Worship the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14