Tuesday, August 5, 2008

For The Love Of A Game



Anyone who knows my husband knows he is a natural at sports. He grew up water-skiing, swimming, playing tennis and was willing to try any sport; generally he excelled in it. When we were first married he also played racket-ball and then someone introduced him to golf. Since then it has become a passion with him and he never plays enough. Now that we've retired he is able to play on a Seniors league at a reduced cost and this allows him to play a minimum of once a week. When we travel John always takes his clubs and his joke is that he never leaves home without them. Years ago I tried to learn to play but due to a back injury and the high cost I gave up quickly thus allowing him this pleasure. While we are on vacation and he goes golfing I either read or go shopping and thus have time alone as well. If John isn't on the course you can be sure that if there is a major tournament on t.v. he will be watching it.

I am so glad that he not only loves this sport but that he has time to be outside. Weather is no hindrance, if it is hot or if there is a storm he still plays. He has made some great friends while golfing and this helped him to settle into a new life in Colorado easier than me. Today is Tuesday so he is out golfing. I am so thankful that he loves the game and is getting better and better at it. In fact, last month he played in a Pro-Am tournament in Wyoming with a friend from my church. What a great way to spend time in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14