Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Sweet Fragrance of Fellowship

Our Sunday service is in the evening and although this has been an adjustment to what I was used to, it seems fitting to end my day focused on the Lord. Since moving to our area, I joined a new and relatively small community of believers made up of lots of young families and many singles. At the beginning of service our Pastor's wife takes all the little children up front and begins by singing songs of praise with them. Tonight as I watched there were 12 children, from 8yrs to 2yrs all lined up singing to the King. As they sang "Oh the blood of Jesus, oh the blood of Jesus, oh the blood of Jesus, it washes white as snow." Some of the young ones probably didn't grasp the holiness of their song but the older children had holy hands lifted high and eyes closed. Our Father must truly smile on this. The rest of the body echoed in repeating verses time and again until it really sank into our souls.
We were then led in "Through it all" a powerful song that says:
"For it reaches the highest mountain, flows to the lowest valley,
The blood gives me strength from day to day
And it will never loose its power".

Praise God the blood of the lamb never looses its power. God didn't give us what we deserve, He gave us what we needed when He extended love to us. Praise God that the Life giving blood gives us strength from day to day.

Be blessed as you focus on The Lamb of God.
In Him, Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14