Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Thankful Thursday


Today I am thankful for life and health.


I am thankful for Jesus, my Savior, Master, Friend and Lord of my life.


I am thankful for the Word of God that daily gives me insight, guidance and comfort; His love letter to His children.


I am thankful for my beloved husband, my daughters and their families.


I am thankful for grandchildren who make me laugh. I am thankful I am able to spend mornings with my daughter and two granddaughters. I am thankful that Shannon loves to look at flowers with me.
I am thankful for the purple finches, house finches and other birds that grace my yard each day.
I am grateful for my Irish roots that have been passed down to my granddaughters and how they love to sing Irish songs.
I am thankful that my parents nurtured a love of story telling and writing in me, which has also been passed down.


I am thankful for the ability to take long walks with those I love, enjoying warm summer days.

I am thankful for how friendly people are in our little Colorado town, and how they stop to visit with children and adults.

I am thankful for our entire family going camping together tomorrow, in a new state, in a new state park.

I am thankful for chocolate and marshmallows and the light of campfires where the family tells stories.

I am thankful for weird, wacky weather here; one minute it is sunny and the next we have thunder.

I am thankful and filled with gratitude to the young gal from our church family who will dog sit for me so we can go camping.

I am thankful for the body of Christ, the community here in Colorado, the church family in California and for the body of believers I have met on the internet and blogs.

I am thankful for friendships I have made with my sisters via their blogs-L.D. bless you today.

I am thankful that I live in a time like this.

I am thankful for our country and the freedom to worship, to display things of faith and not worry about persecution.

I am so filled with praise to my Maker for the abundant life He has blessed me with and the time to enjoy this life.


What are you thankful for today?



1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for your constant love, encouragement, hope, helping hands and your beautiful spirit!
    We all love you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment
"Thank You" for leaving me a comment on my blog ~ I so appreciate each one and even if I don't respond please know I do read them.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14